Saturday, April 30, 2022

Meet The Returning Rider # 913 Joe Mears

 


My name is Joe Mears #913. My wife, Beverly, and are known as “The Tennessee Two”. I’m a welder/ fabricator by trade.  We live in rural East Tennessee.  The Muscular Dystrophy Association is the foundation I raise money for.


My family and friends are my support system. I have been honored by family waiting for me at the finish line and supporting me throughout the journey. My Dad taught me to ride a dirt bike rather than a bicycle. I still have my first street bike, a 1971 Sportster gifted to me by my parents.

This will be my 3rd Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge. I totaled my 2012 ElectraGlide during the HHMC in 2018 by broadsiding an Idaho deer. This is when I first learned of the true Brotherhood of the HHMC. Several HHMC riders assisted me at the accident scene. One of the long time HHMC riders (Gabe Carrera) even carried one of my personal belongings to me in Tennessee.

I participated in the 2020 HHMC and finished 15th. I’m looking forward to the 2022 HHMC and meeting all the returning and new riders. The advice I always give riders is to find a place to sleep that you feel safe , pack light , hydrate , stop for gas every 125 miles and enjoy the ride. 





No comments:

Post a Comment