Friday, April 22, 2022

Meet The Returning Rider # 899 Richard Eastman


After learning about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge in the summer of 2017 I have attempted and finished the challenge twice in both 2018 and 2020. Look forward to returning to the birthplace of the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge in the Black Hills of South Dakota in 2022 and be back among the HH family with goals to further better myself than the previous finishes where each was progressively better. The moment after finishing the Hoka Hey it leaves you wanting to sign up for the next. Its hard to put into words what it means to me but I see my desire to compete in the challenge for as long as I physically able to do so.

The biggest attraction to me is traveling the country on two lane roads navigating old school ways. No hotels or fancy restaurants; just the solitude of you and the open road. You learn a lot about yourself and your abilities to overcome the obstacles you face. Since entering and completing my first HHMC my riding style has changed. The experiences and connections to the HH family have furthered my passion in long distance riding and to further push myself.

The HHMC is a life changing experience. Going into it one would really not know what to expect and you learn a lot about yourself. My advice to the new riders; Go into the challenge with your eyes wide open and don’t overthink it. Don’t over pack, eat when your hungry, rest when your tired, don’t cheat yourself and go into it with the mindset of being able to ride it yourself. Ride your ride!!

Friends and family are very supportive in my endeavors with the Hoka Hey and couldn’t do without them. With the help of US Fleet it let’s them follow along. Very addictive to follow as after I completed I found myself following the rest of my family to successfully finish.

 

 

My chosen charity for the 2022 Hoka Hey is the Hunter Hospitality House in Port Huron, Michigan which is a 501(c)(3) non profit. The mission of Hunter Hospitality House is to provide a complimentary home away from home, steps away from the hospital, for those in need of restoration while either comforting a sick loved one or receiving treatment themselves. https://www.hunterhospitalityhouse.com/


 

No comments:

Post a Comment