Sunday, April 24, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1056 Gregg Szakmeister


 I’m new rider 1056, Gregg Szakmeister. Born and raised in Eastern Pennsylvania, I’ve been riding dirt and street since I was a kid. I did some amateur flat track racing till I bought my first house in the 70s. I caught the Harley bug in 2003 in Daytona but didn’t ride much till I retired in 2014.

 A friend got me started with long distance riding and I rode my first of many IBA rides in 2016. I learned of the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge from another friend and met some riders at the IBA Jax party. I became interested and learned what I could reading and talking to veteran riders. I enjoyed the fellowship of the community and decided to give it a try before I talk myself out of it. I expect to get lost, challenge myself, and smell bad. I expect to finish barring disaster. My goal is to make the end of the road party. I’m excited to meet new people and get on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment