Monday, April 11, 2022

Meet The Returning RIder # 857 Aaron Dearth

 


I live in North East Ohio, and work in a steel mill in south Cleveland. I have a wife Staci and 2 children. I completed the challenge in 2020 and look forward to riding in 2022. I saw things in 2020 that I would have never seen or experienced if it wasn’t for the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge. I am raising money for Hoagys Heroes in the 2022 challenge and look forward to what I can do to raise more money. The family of riders in the HHMC are like non other I love spending time with them at gatherings, and I am very proud to be apart of it all. After finishing the 2020 challenge I spent a lot of time thinking about what I did, how I did it, and what I would do differently, and I am going to put all of these things together for 2022 and ride my own ride. Hoka Hey!!

 

 

Questions:

#1. How many Challenges have you entered? How many have you finished? Have entered 2020 and 2022. Finished 2020

 

#2 Have you experienced a change in your riding style since riding the HHMC? I learned a lot in the last challenge. What you need, what you don’t really need, weight distribution, handling the directions, all which will hopefully make the up coming challenge better for me.

 

#3 Do You feel better about your confidence, are you more likely now to tackle the tougher roads or did you come into this a badass? More confident than in the past.

 

#4 What would you pass on to a new rider about your experience with the Challenge and advice that would help them? As many will tell you “Ride your own ride” you’ll regret it if you don’t and have fun.

 

#5 How hard was it to fund raise? What are your success stories? Was tougher than I expected, Covid may have had some effect. I always raise for Hoagys Heros, was hoping to do better, hopefully will do better this time.

 

#6 Why do you want to ride again? Want to see what parts of this beautiful country I’ll get to see this time.

 

#7 Did you wreck? What did you experience going through that? Sort of, probably wouldn’t classify as a wreck but mis judged a corner on the snake and dumped it. Pretty sure the kind fellow from the Department of Forestry that helped me pick up my bike was more freaked out than me.

 

#8 How supportive are your family and friends? Very


 

No comments:

Post a Comment