Sunday, April 17, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1047 AJ Hanson

 

I was never good writing things about me, I’m always that person who’s helping other people so I never really think about myself. I'm a 25 year old grown child pretty much. I finished my electrical apprenticeship in 2021 and I am working on getting my electrical license. If  I’m not riding my motorcycle or working, I’m on the mountain snowboarding, or on the water wake boarding, I also enjoy camping and hiking.
 
 When I was told about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge I was all in. I was looking for my next challenge in life after finishing my apprenticeship, and I definitely found it. I feel like I’m going to learn and grow from it tremendously. I’ve always been the type of person to keep on pushing until the job is done but I’m going to have to learn the line when to say lets get some rest and start back up in the morning. So far the best advice i have gotten from experienced riders was “just have fun and enjoy it” most I’ve asked I got the “ride your own ride” and basic stuff like “stay hydrated” but it was super nice to hear just have fun with it. My biggest challenge I would have to say is directions, I grew up with gps generation “turn left in 500ft” I’m going to have to learn to pay more attention to signs and which way I’m heading and facing, it’s going to be a challenge for sure.
 
 I heard about the HHMC through another rider which happened to be my uncle, he brought me to one of the bbqs while we were out riding some twisties in Tennessee, he asked me “hey there’s a bbq in a few hours you wanna go?” Didn’t tell me where or how long it was gonna take but I went with it and I met a lot of riders and they were so welcoming and family oriented, I knew I wanted to be a part of it, so I can’t wait to earn it and become part of the family!”
 
I will be riding for Homes for Our TroopsHFOT help the most important people in our lives whether we know them or not. The ones that defended our freedoms to do crazy stuff like 10,000 miles motorcycle challenges! We owe them a lot and should help them any way we can, like building homes for them to recover and get their life’s on track on their own Homefront.
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment