Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1059 Lucas Harvey

 

My name is Lucas Harvey “Luke”. I’m 35 years old. I recently got married and now have two step boys. Being a father is completely new for me. Outside of riding motorcycle I spend time with the boys. Most go my free time is spent going to their sporting events. I everything I know about baseball and football I have learned from watching Little League and PeeWee football. I also purchased them dirt bikes and am really enjoying watching their love for riding grow. My youngest will be as obsessed with riding as I am, I can tell already. He has ridden to a few of the Tour of Honor locations with me.

 I heard about Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge through Facebook. I am a member of several long distance riding groups and the topic kept popping up so I did some digging. I have always sought out challenges for myself. I believe Hoka Hey will be the hardest test of my mental and physical ability yet. I expect that the challenge will force me to dig deep and push hard. I think each day will be harder then the last as fatigue sets in and it will give me a chance to prove to myself what I’m made of. I look forward to the opportunity to live in this time frame. To push everything else out of my mind and enjoy the ride and challenge. I also look forward to becoming part of the family and camaraderie. The best advice I keep hearing is to ride your own ride. This is not a race and if you treat it as such there is a much higher risk for getting hurt and for missing out on being in the moment. 





The hardest part of this challenge for me is leaving my family. I have focused most of my energy over the last few years on being the best husband and father I can possibly be. Leaving home for such a long time will be hard for me to justify in my mind. To work through this, I have already started having regular conversations with my wife about the importance of this to me and she has been fully supportive. As the boys get older I think it’ll be easier for me to get away for extended periods of time. I hope to participate in the Hoka Hey Challenge every other year moving forward.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment