Friday, April 29, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1061 Dan Crowley

 


Hi, I'm Dan Crowley rider #1061 I live in Charlotte, NC where I raised 4 kids and pour concrete for my gas money. Because concrete waits for no man, I didn't get much time to ride so when I did get to ride, I wanted to make the most of it. While I was raising my family, I had the unique opportunity to fly and ride many different times on many different motorcycles as long as I got back before anyone knew I was gone. This led to an insatiable appetite for long distance motorcycle riding. 

Once the kids were grown and those flying benefits were no more, I had to settle down with 1 bike and ride it as far as I could. That led to long distance motorcycle rallying, Iron Butt Rides and multi day riding experiences. All along the way, I have ridden many miles and made many friends. All of these friends have unique riding experiences and are eager to share with you. 
This is where I first heard of the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge . As the years passed and new opportunities arose, I found myself drawn to the challenge. 
  Since I didn't own a Harley and I always wanted a Buell, I thought, Hey! Hoka Hey, get a Buell and ride the heck out of it.
When asked why I want to ride the HH  The simplest answer I can give you is "duh!" why wouldn't anyone?
Not everyone is like me. but everyone has something that they like to do a lot and often. For me, that's motorcycling! 
All day in the saddle is a good day. Sniffing flowers, carving canyons or eating miles, it don't matter. 
More miles, more smiles!
Too many roads, not enough time. 
Hoka Hey forces you to open your eyes to see the beauty all around. With all the time you'll need to awaken the senses and revitalize the soul. 
I think it will be the best ride of my life.
 When traveling on my bike, I always have to adjust my sensors to risk, weather and machine. I have to be keenly aware of my surroundings like traffic, road conditions and weather. I have to monitor my machine and listen if it has something to tell me. 
One thing you can expect is the unexpected. Maybe you encounter some road rage or a bad accident where someone likely was killed. Maybe you witnessed some bad actions from some bad actors or got hustled at the gas station. I know as I ride down the road, I will pass someone in need or maybe I will be in need of some assistance.
Somewhere down this road, I expect something that will be moving. What will it be remains to be seem. 
I do expect it to be awesome!
 
But seriously, I am honored to be among this crowd and look forward to being in SD very soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment