Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1050 Jason Brown

 


My name is Jason Brown and by day I work for Angelo State University as an Instructional Designer and Adjunct Instructor. I also co-own an embroidery and engraving business with my brother. I love the outdoors and wish everyday that I had chosen a career path that would have gotten me back outside. My motorcycle is my way of getting back out there and seeing all the great things and meeting all the different people you can find out on the road. I am lucky that my dad, my brother, and an uncle all love riding.
I first heard of the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge around 2014 which started my intrigue.  Due to life situations, I knew I could not participate at the time so I forgot about it.  In 2020, I was talking to some guys about dream rides and was reminded of the HHMC. A challenge that is 10,000 miles in 10-14 days, on a route someone else prescribes, no GPS, little to no interstates, sleeping within feet of your motorcycle instead of in a hotel or house, and challenging but beautiful country that I may never have a chance to see again. These challenging aspects of the HHMC really piqued my interest to participate.  It sounds crazy to most, especially to my wife, but for me it is a call.  It will allow me to set some personal goals well outside my current comfort zone.  I have heard it said and I believe that; if I succeed, it will result in me having a greater belief in myself.  If I fail, I will still be able to learn from the experience.  Either way, I have no doubt this ride will have a profound effect on my life.
As confirmation that this ride was one I am meant to attempt, I have had the privilege to talk with Beth, Junie, Hippie, Blackie, Gopher, Hopper, Riot, Jim Herold, the WarHorse, and many more. Their descriptions of what the rides have meant to them, what it has meant for the Lakota People, what it has done for so many charities, and of course the reasons this ride (steeped in tradition) was created in the first place.  All these things and how the riders consider themselves not just a community but a family are what draws me towards this ride.  Hoka Hey!!
 
 
I will be riding in support of Mile Monster's Inc Helping Kids live their best lives.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment