Friday, April 15, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1042 Randy Priddy

 


I love the word challenge. After season one of the CBS reality show, Survivor, I auditioned four times! The idea of fighting the elements, strategizing, overcoming obstacles, and adapting in an uncomfortable environment was a challenge I was willing to tackle. The show, which now brags 42 seasons, became a phenomenon, and unfortunately, never crossed my path. Many years later, having never scratched that Survivor itch, I was lucky enough to hear about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge. As I listened to my friend’s description of these tests of body and mind, I couldn’t help but think it sounded familiar to a former life, many decades ago. My wife encouraged me to follow my hunger for adventure that has laid dormant, but constant, to pursue this unique experience. Personally, I think she is just looking forward to a few weeks without my snoring (LOL), but is supportive, nonetheless.

I am husband to Laurie, my beautiful bride of 36 years, and father to two incredible daughters, Kaylee and Kara. When I am not riding, there are several things that keep me busy; corporate marketing strategies, a robust list of “honey-do” projects, devoting time to service with my church family and Person to Person Ministries of Hillsboro, OH, and in the fall, I find great joy outdoors hunting Pennsylvania upland bird, deer and bear with good friends.

Through church, I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Rob Keller, rider #299. Rob represents HHMC well! Many of you know him personally and understand his love and commitment for the HHMC family. Rob introduced me to HHMC founder, James (Jim) Red Cloud’s mission of bringing awareness to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation and the struggles that indigenous peoples, and specifically the Lakota Nation, endure on a daily basis. I admired the passion that Rob spoke with concerning Red Cloud and his aspirations.

In memory of James (Jim) Red Cloud I have chosen to ride for the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. My goal prior to taking the road in this year’s event, is to find corporate sponsors who will spare a moment of compassion towards the plight of Native Americans and the people of Pine Ridge. We currently have a moment in United States consumerism trends where corporations can be the driving forces of spreading awareness of our national needs. I plan to begin advertising the HHMC in tandem with the needs of indigenous peoples on LinkedIn, a business social media platform, most often utilized by corporate leaders. If you use LinkedIn, please send me a friend request, watch for my posts, and share them to help broaden our audience as we educate business leaders and ask for corporate support. <https://www.linkedin.com/in/randall-randy-priddy-400a613/>

As I enter the 2022 Challenge, I hope to leave behind concerns and preconceived notions that I have considered regarding the challenges of the ride. Rather, it is my goal to enter with the

intention of experiencing the ride in its entirety and allowing it to change me. It’s my hope to take in the beauty our God created, respond to all challenges the ride presents with eagerness, and to embrace my new family, who shares the same interest and passions for motorcycling, with the attitudes and ideals expected of the HHMC mission statement.

I am beyond thankful to have been chosen to join the HHMC legacy. He Sapa/Paha Sapa (The Black Hills) are calling, and I look forward to meeting each and every one of you. Best wishes, ride safe, and Lord willing, I will see you soon


No comments:

Post a Comment