Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1037 Robert Koelzer


 Hello, I am Bob Koelzer, Rider 1037.  I am from Olathe, KS.

I have been riding motorcycles since I was a Junior in High School, almost 50 years.  I enjoy riding in the mountains.  Every year, some friends and I head to the Rockies for several great days of enjoying the scenery and the roads.  One year though, we took a ride to the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee.  Riding is a great joy for me, to put my worries behind.  
The Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge has been on my mind for several years.  Then last year, my friend said let's go do this.  Scott Brown, Rider 1051, and I put our applications in and we were accepted.  We have been looking forward to doing this, a real test to what we are about.  I am riding a 2020 Harley Davidson Road Glide Limited.  I purchased my last four motorcycles from Rawhide Harley Davidson, one of the checkpoint dealers on the 2022 Ride.  They are a great group.  And I am happy that they are part of this 2022 Ride.
And I am riding for the Muscular Dystrophy Association.  For several years, I would lead a ride through the HOG chapter at Rawhide Harley Davidson that would collect funds for this organization.  Shortly after that ride, our group would go to the campsite for the juvenile MDA to present the funds collected.  We would then spend some time entertaining the children, let the kids roll the throttles of our bikes, and also if able, take them on a short ride with those riders with a sidecar.  The grins on those kids were so touching.  Most will never ever get to ride a motorcycle on their own when they grow up.  It is something that I will never forget.
I am looking forward to this Hoka Hey Ride.  Meet new friends, and experience new stories, stories that I can share with my family and friends.  Hoka Hey

 

No comments:

Post a Comment