Monday, April 25, 2022

Meet The Returning Rider # 903 Dave Uhl


 I’ve entered and finished two Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenges, 2018 and 2020.  2018 was an amazing journey as I rode some days by myself and with my thoughts, while others, I rode with new friends for life.

  2020 was a challenge due to a blown motor and three other mechanical failures resulting in 72 hours off the clock, but it was important for me personally to cross that finish line!  I find that since participating in my first challenge that I ride more and with a purpose.  I host a charity ride on alternate years and love the Hoka Hey family that contribute to our great causes.  Additionally, I now have a great group of friends around the US that I can visit. 

 For new riders I encourage you to make the most of your journey instead of rushing to the finish, it will be complete before you know it so make every day count.  I plan my charity events year round to ensure that the in person drawings are a success and the online community has plenty of engagement with me to make them feel like a part of our success.  My family and friends are great supporters of my HHMC rides, I couldn’t do it without them.     Hoagy's Heros will be my charity.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment