Monday, April 11, 2022

Meet The New Rider #1041 Ruby Izquierdo

 

 


Howdy from BIG TEXAS my name is Ruby “ThunderKat” Izquierdo I am a Mother, Wife, & Grandmother who loves to ride her motorcycle whenever I am not on the road in my RIG. My fun is riding my motorcycle and hanging with my wind sisters of Legendary Pearlz MC.  Riding is therapy for me, it calms me while allowing me to process my daily life. When it comes to long distance, I thought I was doing something when I completed the 49 states run in one ride with my husband and daughter then turned around and completed the 48 states run with 22 women. But I have learned that this run will let me know where I am as an individual long-distance rider as to where I think I am as a long-distance rider.

 

I expect to put my best foot forward and keep pushing when those days get rough because I have heard this ride will pull it out of you. And being that this is my first attempt I will make sure that my focus is to enjoy the challenge ahead with safety at the forefront. The best advice that I have been given is “ThunderKat this is not a RACE enjoy the ride but stay focus, get your rest, and make sure you take in everything this ride has to offer."


 

 

I do not believe I have obstacles to ride this challenge, but I am sure I do if I do I am sure I will learn those while out on the road. I first heard of the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge by way of watching Reef & KSolo journey, once I saw them speak on the HHMC my wheels went to spinning. Which brings me to typing this bio to join in the ranks of so many great riders from past to present. Lastly, know that I am doing this myself and the culture of women that will come after me

No comments:

Post a Comment