Friday, April 29, 2022

Meet The Returning Rider # 785 Matt Wolf


 Returning Rider Matt Wolf 785 from Sierra Vista AZI retired from the Military this past December after 8 years in the Marines and 16 years in the Army with a 12 year break between the 2.  After 5 deployments and realizing I was becoming something of a Military fossil I realized it was time to move on. 

I'm now an instructor here at Fort Huachuca and will be returning for the 2022 Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge in an attempt to finish in the top 5. I have participated in the 2013 event where due to an unfortunate event I could not complete the event. 2014 I vindicated myself in a three way tie for 10th with Robert Sanooke and Dominick Sapola. In 2015 my sons Ben and Daniel joined me to provide a chase truck and event support for the Memorial event and in 2016 I finished 6th in the Pala to NY run. 2017 I rode in for the Hotdog run but haven't participated since because I was in South Korea from 2018 until Aug 2020.

This is very likely my last run as all those years in the Military have left their mark.There is no other event like the Hoka Hey and for those that complete it you will learn a little bit about yourself that you would otherwise never know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment