Monday, April 4, 2022

Meet The Returning Rider # 836 James Fish

 


The Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge is my one time every 2 years to release from the everyday aspects of life.  I save vacation days in order to take this time off.  It is a time to refocus and rejuvenate the mind and soul.  My girlfriend does not have to watch the calendar to know when the HHMC is getting close.  She can just tell from my behavior.

 

I was very blessed on my first HHMC in 2016 to meet Jim Van Vlerah, Bill Reynolds and Wendy Battles and they allowed me to ride with them.  I continued learning on the 2018 event, especially from Jim. They are some of the most experienced riders of the HHMC.  They taught me how to navigate, find the right and safe sleeping areas and generally stay out of trouble.  Forever grateful for their guidance.

 

There are times when you get frustrated and tired and wonder “why am I doing this?”.   You may go a little slower at times, take a few extra breaks but you know these are the best motorcycle roads and the best scenery in this country.  And you know you are one of the few that has the motivation to accept this challenge.  You will never forget this ride and will always want to come back for more. 

 

Very much looking forward to the 2022 adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment