Friday, April 29, 2022

Meet The Returning Rider # 912 Dale Bundy

 


I entered the 2018 Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge but didn’t finish. An accident took me down on day 8. Fatigue and lack of sleep was the contributing factor. I had 3 cracked ribs, partially collapsed lung and cuts and bruises.

 

I came into the ride as an experienced rider. I have since lost a little confidence due to health issues. I would like to be a finisher in this challenge.

 

Raising money for this challenge is very difficult for me. I am not the type of person to ask for money.

 

My advice to newcomers is to listen to your body. It is one thing to push your limits, but understand your need for rest. Ride on your own schedule, not someone else’s. I rode with a friend at his pace and I couldn’t keep up. Fatigue took over and I fell asleep riding. I had an injury a week before the ride and was still dealing with pain. Make sure you are 100% ready for the challenge. Wear all the gear all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment