Saturday, April 30, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1062 Manny Duran


 My given name is William Manual Duran, AKA: Manny. My first motorcycle was a 1971 Honda 350 (April 1971). My first broken wing was 2 months later (June 1971). I am US Army Retired, service time 1972 to 1993. My time in the service I was engaged with 82nd 9th Infantry Berlin Brigade, 4th Infantry 1st Armored Division, and 7th Infantry Light Division. When I retired I attended MMI Phoenix Campus, I am Certified Tech from 1994 to Present. At this time I am retired, Disabled, Dysfunctional, and Medicated, "I am comfortable". When I am not riding, I am usually doing my "Honey Do" list or assisting with my grandchildren when needed.

Ever since I saw the ad for the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge from Key West, FL to Homer, AK in the Scooter News, I have never forgotten the challenge and have been imagining the time I could join. I couldn't do it then, but I can do it now and I appreciate the opportunity.

My expectation is to finish the challenge. I have ridden through Canada, USA, Mexico, and Europe just to ride. I am looking forward to a new adventure in the Hoka Hey Challenge. I could not pass up the experience of this ride.

Only time I have spoken to a Hoka Hey riders was in Seguin, TX. I spoke to a few riders, but I listened more to their experiences and what worked for them.

I just had surgery on June 17, 2021 to repair nerve damage in my neck that was affecting my thumb and index finger on both hands. On August 14, 2021 I went for a 10 hour ride to feel the effects, happy to say all is well. The two rods and six screws stayed in place and are doing what they should do. I started my riding season late, I started with Veteran’s Rally in Cripple Creek, CO (Woodland Park, CO). I am getting 17 to 18 hours tank to tank. I will be ready for the Hoka Hay Challenge, you can count on that. “HOKA HEY”

I read about the Hoka Hey Challenge in Scooter News in Denver, CO.

No comments:

Post a Comment