Friday, April 22, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1054 Wayne Skinner

 


I'm a single father that raised two great young adults. I have been an automotive machinist for 37 years and a research mechanic for Chevron for last 25 of those years. My love of motorcycle started when I rode my first dirt bike at about 11 years old. At 17 I bought my first Harley. I have been interested in long distance endurance motorcycle riding since I was 18. In February 1985, I read an article in Easy Rider magazine about the 1984 Iron Butt ride. I still have that issue. This ride caught my attention and desire to ride long distance has never let go.

I have no explainable reasons why I want to participate in the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge. But what I do know is since I learned about the Hoka Hey, is I have had this burning desire to participate.

My expectation of entering the challenge for the first time and what I expect from the challenge are the same. I expect it to be a once in a lifetime amazing experience. There is only one first time. I'll be going into this journey with only the knowledge of others stories on what to expect. After that you will evolve. The every time after that, from your own experiences you will adjust from whatever obstacles you encountered before.


The best advice I received about riding the challenge is to ride my own ride. Everyone has their own way of doing things. What work for some, may or may not work for me. I'm the only one who knows where my limits are, so ride my own ride.

 Will I have obstacles? Yes. What are they? I won't know until they arise. Every obstacle has its own set of circumstances, you can't know how you are overcoming that obstacle until it arises and you have to come up with a solution.



I honestly don't remember where I heard about the HHMC

No comments:

Post a Comment