Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Meet The Returning Rider # 994 Matt Busch



My name is Matt Busch. I live in Pembroke Pines, FL with my wife Kerri. I have two children and 2 grandchildren. I own a 2015 Harley Ultra Limited and a 2003 Harley Road King anniversary edition.

 

I always wanted to ride long rides across the country. The freedom of two wheels and the open road, riding the back roads, and traveling the paths least chosen has always called to me. I have crossed the country riding many times. Staying off the interstate, riding through national parks, small towns, and bucket list roads have been my goals on those trips. From the searing heat of Death Valley, to the snowfall on BearTooth Pass, hail storms in the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone, you never know what challenge the next road has for you. I look forward to seeing what this Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge has in store for me and what challenges await me on this journey.


As a returning rider, I know the challenges and obstacles that come with riding in the HHMC. The introspection and growth I experienced in my first challenge has driven me to ride this extreme challenge again. I’m ready to ride again, listening to the wind for guidance. 


What I have most enjoyed is meeting riders like myself that enjoy riding distances and seeing the country the best way – on two wheels! .


I am supporting the MPS SuperHero Foundation. The MPS SuperHero Foundation Is a South Florida parent-led 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established in 2016 that is searching for a treatment solution for MPS(Mucopolysaccharidosis) II  or Hunter Syndrome.

MPS II, is a progressively degenerative genetic disease that almost exclusively affects males. Boys with MPS II are deficient in the enzyme iduronate-2-sulfatase that helps breakdown glycosaminoglycans (GAG). The net result is that GAG builds up in cells and organs throughout the body. Because this chemical decomposition is unable to happen, these cells continuously accumulate to toxic levels and build up can lead to a fairly uniform plethora of symptoms and can begin around 2-5 years of age. These symptoms include stunted growth, coarse facial features, stiff joints, intellectual disability, serious physical deformities, significant damage to the brain & organ function and eventually leads to premature death. The severe form often includes progressive cognitive impairment and a life span of approximately 12-15 years old. Currently, there is no cure for individuals affected by this disease, which is why funding to bring the research by geneticists to the first phase of human clinical trials is so crucial.



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment