Friday, May 20, 2022

Meet The Returning Rider # 967 Jon Meadows

 

My name is Jon Meadows aka Tripod. I am rider #967. I have entered one Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge back in 2020 and I finished the challenge in 6th place. I had such a great time that I just had to reenter in the 2022 Challenge. Since the 2020 challenge my riding style has not changed much since my first Hoka Hey. I still push my self and feel 1k mile days are the best. I plan on taking this year's challenge one day at a time. This year I feel a lot better about tackling the challenge and more confident going into the 2022 Hoka Hey after finishing the 2020 in 10 days. Now that I know what to expect I plan on doing 2022 a little different. I have found out what works and what didn't. I have also changed some of my gear to better help me on the next challenge. 
I am still a new Hoka Hey rider even though I finished the 2020 challenge. So the only advice I would give to new riders is just ride your own ride and don't get to upset when you make mistakes because they will happen and try to find a charity that's close to your heart. I am not a very good fundraiser but I try. I like to raise money for organizations that help children because they can not help themselves. I get my local dealership, Harley Davidson of Kokomo to sponsor me and a few of my favorite taverns put on rides to raise money.  I will be riding for Bridges Outreach.
I want to participate in the 2022 Hoka Hey because I loved the adventure I got from the previous challenge! Not knowing where you will end up or what you will see. Trying to figure out places to sleep. Meeting new people that think your crazy when you explain to them what the challenge requires. Pushing my self to my limits and trying to push past them but always trying to remember where my wall is and stopping before I hit it. 
The Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge is a very tough ride! You are doing multiple days where some days you can only get in 800 miles while other days you can grab a lot more. Anything can happen. Thank God I did not wreck while competing in the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge! I came close to hitting a few deer and ran off the road into a ditch when I dozed off once but the bike never went down. If this challenge is done correctly it will push you to the point where you find out who you are as a person and a rider. I know it did me! 
I am definitely looking forward to seeing all my Hoka Hey family. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment