Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 944 Jay Gleason

 


I spend many of my days riding, like I have since I've been very young. But if you don't find me on my bike (or working my job) there's a good chance I'm catching up on chores around the house, spending quality Ɵme with my friends or family or just plain out chillin. I first found out about the Hoka Hey Challenge through a good friend a few years ago. He shared the details as he prepared for the ride. He also shared the “rules of the road”, the honor and the integrity of the rider. He also shared the challenge of the road and with mother nature. Needless to say, I found myself glued to his tracker to see how he was doing. And then, after finishing it, he shared all the adventures he had while riding it. I felt like it was something I just had to do. - one of the pinnacles of my riding life. 

While I have ridden a fair amount of long-distance riding and many days and miles away from home - I've never ridden under the rules of the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge. I believe the ride will challenge my very soul and spirit. But I'm ready to ride and in doing so I will honor myself, the legacy of the founders, the guidelines they have set forth and my fellow ridersall while riding my best ride. I have a feeling this will be a life changing event and I look forward to it


 

No comments:

Post a Comment