Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1091 Chris Passmore

 


Hi I am Chris Passmore New rider #1091

I am 59 and I am looking forward to this bucket list ride.
 The first bike I ever got on was a Bulltaco in the Mojave desert in Southern California. I knew from that moment I was hooked even after I was launched off of it the feeling of freedom was unbeatable and at the ripe age 13, I knew that someday I would have my own motorcycle even if I almost killed myself a few times.
I remember trying to ride a purple Husqvarna in the same desert a few months later.
The Dirt bikes I rode as a kid did not belong to Me as my parents could not afford one or chose not to supply me with one. I think my best friend's dad took pity on me and always took me with them when they went out to the desert to ride. Thank god they did!
After I left home my first road bike, I could afford was an 81 Suzuki GS 550L then a slew of motorcycles came after that. Crotch rockets mostly.
After a 2 year stint fighting fires in Northern California I joined the US Air Force where I served for 20 years and then retired at Fairchild AFB Washington
During My 20 I served in Desert Shield/Storm Twice. once for Operation Phonex Scorpion. A tour in Korea and a tour in Micronesia. All of this while I was a Civil Engineer for the 92 CES
I still work for the Government doing the same thing I did as a GI.
My Absolutely Amazing and wonderful wife Jenifer has been with me (and supporting me) for 29 Years
My First Harley was a 06 Deluxe and I have owned a few since then. Currently I ride A Very nice Grey 2018 FLTRXSE! 
I am a lifetime HOG member
I first Heard about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge a few years ago while I was in an MC . There were whispers and rumors of some insane cross-country ride
comparing it to the Cannonball run but that was it,  Nobody stepped up to the Challenge, No hard information. Just rumors. Years later a friend and riding buddy mentioned it to me. 
That's where I am today. 
There are 1.8 million nonprofit organization's  in the U.S. as of 2021
 So, I will be riding for St. Jude's Children's Hospital for Cancer Research.
I imagine that most riders have a story similar to my own and I hope I get to Hear all of them on the road when I meet them in person!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment