Saturday, May 7, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1068 Felix Santiago

 

Born in Puerto Rico in 1963. Moved to the US in 1983 to serve in the US Army for 3 years of active duty. Completed bachelor’s degree in psychology in 1988 with minor in military science and later a MBA in 2006. Received officer commission in 1989 through the ROTC program and served in the Puerto Rico National Guard for one year before moving to Florida where I served an additional 6 years in the Florida National Guard as in Infantry Platoon officer. Deployments while in the National Guard included service to storm victims in Puerto Rico and also in Florida after Hurricane Andrew in 1992.

My riding history started as a teenager (16) with enduro motorcycles and later with a 1979 Yamaha 500. I stopped riding after enlisting in the Army and during my time in the National Guard. Since 2014 I have only owned Harley Davidson motorcycles and really enjoy the culture. During this time I have completed multiple out of state trips, including the most notable one which was my trip in 2020 to the four corners of the US (Key West, Madawaska, Blaine and San Ysidro). This 10,800 plus mile trip was a team ride with another six HOG Chapter members that we completed in 19 days. We lost two days to mechanicals. Other trips include rides to Deals Gap (Tail of the Dragon), Georgia Blue Ridge Mountains. I have also completed several motorcycle camping trips in the state and really enjoy the freedom the motorcycle provides.

In the past 3 years, our Ft.Lauderdale HOG Chapter has participated in a nationwide competition in which our Chapter has won the last two years. During these three years I have posted close to 115,000 miles in contribution to the challenge.

I’m really looking forward to the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment