Thursday, May 12, 2022

Meet The Returning Rider # 950 Jeremy Buechner

 


How many challenges have you entered?  2 (2020 & 2022).
How many have you finished? In 2020 I road 8,100 of the 10,000. 
Have you changed your riding style since riding  the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge? Yes, I ride more efficient and pack only what is needed on long distance rides.
Do You feel better about your confidence, are you more likely now to tackle the tougher roads or did you come into this a badass? I have always enjoyed riding challenging roads. My confidence hasn’t changed, but I appreciate them more. 
What would you pass on to a new rider about your experience with the Challenge and advice that would help them? Everyone always tells you to ride your own ride. Pack less and do some practice runs. 
How hard was it to fund raise? What are your success stories?  Pair up with a charity that you are passionate about. You will get local support. 
Why do you want to ride again? Continue to challenge myself. The organizers, volunteers and participants are some really awesome people. 
 Did you wreck? What did you experience going through that? No accidents, but a few close calls. Safety First.
How supportive are your family and friends? Family, friends, sponsors, the local community, people that you meet along the route and all of the Hoka Hey family were very supportive. 
       I grew up around motorcycles and have been riding since I was a young kid. I met Jim Red Cloud back in 2009 and have been following the HH event ever since. In 2019, I decided that there were no distractions keeping me from participating in this great event and was fortunate to be a rider in 2020. I am looking forward to the 2022 Challenge and can’t wait until we all depart on Sunday morning in June. 
        My charity that I am riding for are 2 local organizations. 1 is the Van Wurt Humane Society. They are building a new facility. The 2nd one is Families of Addicts (FOA). They are a great supporter of families and working on prevention with all of the local kids. 





No comments:

Post a Comment