Friday, May 13, 2022

Meet The returning Rider # 952 Charlotte White


 My name is Charlotte White, my rider number is #952, I rode the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge for the 1st time in 2020 after watching the ride in 2018 and thinking I wanted to try that craziness at the next Challenge in 2020. It looked exciting to go places I would not have thought to go on my own, so the thought process of getting mentally ready was full speed ahead to give Hoka Hey a go in 2020. 

I rode in 2020 and it took me 20 days to reach the finish line and I am okay with that,there were no mechanical problems with my bike and I had a safe ride. I had a blast, slept in some crazy places, saw some beautiful places,rode a few miles with others and made new friends. I look forward to where the roads will take me and all the other riders riding Hoka Hey 2022.
Have been riding as much as I can to be ready for Hoka Hey 2022, I have had a setback on riding as much as I wanted to due to my husband being sick and passing October 2021,, he was sick with cancer all of 2021, so I stayed close to home to take care of him, we were married for 43 years, he was supportive of me riding and always encouraged me to go where I wanted and feel I need to ride Hoka Hey again in 2022 for a time of healing. Kiksuya, has a meaning of "Remember" to me for my soulmate.
Advice to new riders would be to ride your own ride,get much needed rest, every now and then eat something besides gas station food, have fun and enjoy the ride. 
My choice of Charity is DFW Canines for Veterans. www.dfwcaninesd.com
The canines are trained to help Veterans that have trouble with ptsd and other issues, the dogs can help ease the person and calm them when necessary. This has a meaning to me for I have a brother that suffers with ptsd from Vietnam. he does not use one of these dogs at this time, but I can see a need for these dogs and I think it is a great resource for our vets. 
My kids are excited for me to ride again, even though they think I'm a little crazy to do so, they do support me and are proud of me and now stand in place for my husband for moral support. My friends say they could not ride a ride like this and sleep on the ground, they would need a hotel, but are supportive of me.
I do have one sponsor that also sponsored me in 2020, so once again Stampede Harley Davidson  of Burleson,Texas will be my main sponsor and making sure my bike is ready to go. 
Let`s Ride Hoka Hey Kiksuya 2022.

 
               

No comments:

Post a Comment