Monday, May 30, 2022

Meet The Returning Rider # 990 Ksolo Carl Harris



My given name is Ksolo. I added "DaRyder" in memory of my good friend, Kelly "BOSS Ryder Wilkerson, who was gunned down in Oct. 2015. People that know me call me Solo. Motorcycle riding is my therapy, and this is my second time riding the prestigious Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge

After experiencing my first solo cross country ride in 2013, I knew I wanted to feel the freedom of the road and explore the country on two wheels. I have been long distance riding ever since. 

 2019, I rode to Prudhoe Bay, Camp Dead Horse, by myself, on my Harley Davidson Road Glide Special, also known and referred to as the "Top Of The World" in Alaska, along a 414-mile stretch of dirt road known as Dalton Hwy. The Dalton Hwy. is on the list of "One of the most dangerous highways in the World." This is also the year I rode my first 100,000 plus mile documented miles and was entered into Iron Butt Association Elite 100,000 miles in a year club.

 2020 I participated in my first HHMC. I was third to complete the challenge and one of only five who completed the challenge of 10,000 miles in 10 days, averaging a thousand miles a day.  Honored to have been chosen as a keeper of Akicita, an engraved Moose antler, rightfully named Akicita, the Lakota word meaning WARRIOR. It is passed from rider to rider never carried in a car, always on a motorcycle. Uniting like minded Brothers and Sisters. 

2021 I rode my second 100,000 documented miles in a single year ride across the country. completing numerous IBA,  SCMA, and RTE X USA, AZRATPack rides. Recently I entered the social media spectrum by starting a channel on youtube @ KSOLODARYDER to capture other riders perspective of the motorcycle lifestyle and culture and what it means to them. 

Please follow me and see where this the journey takes us. My slogan is " Aspire to inspire, Be Legendary." I use it to descpibe a positive or inspirational action that others will have a desire or interest in seeing or doing something that will then inspire others to do and be legendary doing it.

This year I will be riding to help raise money for Something 2 Somebody,  my local county Homeless Person Center and Services.


 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment