Thursday, May 5, 2022

Meet The Returning Rider # 925 Cathy Sahli

 


AKA Cathy Lynne Carter. 2022 will be my third Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge, after finishing 2018 and 2020 in a timely manner. The  HH challenge has definitely improved my confidence and riding skills as the chosen routes offer many new challenges and opportunities for riders of all caliber to challenge themselves to ride better, do better and be better. Riding the Hoka Hey is the best therapy for dumping the heavy baggage of life that weighs a person down, by week two, nothing matters but survival and getting to that finish line.  A real sense of freedom. Tired, hungry, hot, dirty, etc. I find living on the edge makes me feel happy, accomplished and alive, this is what brings me back, along with trying to beat my prior time and the comradery with my Hoka Hey family.  

  I began riding at age 13 on my Yamaha 125 enduro ( i still have) . took a long break from riding to raise my daughters then bought my first HD at age 45 then promptly took a 2 1/2 month ride around the country. In 2009 I rode to Alaska for my 50th birthday as Alaska turned 50 that year. A crazy HOG rally in Costa Rico. 3 IBA certs ( world capitals Texas rally) and numerous long distance rides and 2  hoka heys would be my riding history. I have been following Hoka Hey since 2010 and finally had the opportunity to ride in 2018. My advice to new riders would be to pack light.
 
I will be riding to raise donations for Pine Ridge Area Chamber of Commerce
See you out there,
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment