Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1109 Frank Pancho Nicholson

 


So, where do I start!? I was born in Kansas City Kansas to a full-blooded Mexican mom & a “Heinz 57” Caucasian Dad and I have one older sister. Since I was born on June 14th, 1962 – that by default did two things. One, for those that do not know, June 14th is “Flag Day” here in the United States. So, I consider myself a proud American, flag loving resident of the greatest country on Earth. Two, being born in the early sixties and growing up during that era and being of “mixed” descent, I experienced my fair share of prejudices growing up here in the Heartland. I still remember seeing my mom mistreated, my sister being picked on, me getting the snot beat out of me on a regular basis and being called every half breed -beaner name you can imagine. As one would expect, the fighting and prejudices I experienced had a turning point in my life. Life’s experiences are almost always destined to break us or make us. For me it was the eighth grade during recess at a Catholic school. I was knocked down and kicked one too many times - - and I snapped. I came up swinging and broke my finger on a boy’s face. And life changed. My nineth grade, “me & my new found attitude”, were enrolled in the public school system. All of the years of name calling, being pushed, shoved and being picked on had left me with an internal anger that was fed by pain – whether having it inflicted on me or inflicting it on others. This of course landed me in trouble and headed down the wrong path of drugs, alcohol and other issues well into my adult years of life. In the chaos of my teen years though, my dad brought home my first motorcycle – a Bultaco dirt bike. That was 1976. By the time I graduated in 1980 I had seen Easy Rider and now had a full-blown passion for motorcycles and the biker lifestyle. I went on the streets the summer of 1980 on a hard tailed 1969 Triumph TR6 motorcycle. I’ve gone thru two wrecks of what were called marriages (both I did my part to cause the failure as did the two spouses) but was blessed by God to have been given gifts of children in each of them. In those decades of living like hell, I found Jesus in a little Baptist church In KC,KS. I gave him “part of me” (more on that later) and started down another path at the fork in the road of life. As I stated, two marriages had been wrecked. So, I focused on my career, my kids and my walk with God after the second divorce. I came to a point that I was OK if it was just me & God. And that is when He brought me my current and third wife - but my ONLY Godly marriage to Sherri Lynn. She came with a past, with two failed marriages, kids and a heart that had said “Ok God – if its just me and you -I’m good”. Together we have a his, hers and ours of children that totals 11. Psalms 127:3-4 says: The children of our youth are as arrows in the hand of a mighty warrior and blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them”. I am a blessed man!  So, back to my “more later” comment. As stated earlier in my bio – life’s experiences either make us or break us. We either “GO THRU THEM” or “WE GROW THRU THEM”. Now being equally yoked with someone that had a focus on Jesus as well – life happened. On December 1st, 2017 I was let go from a 22-year career and a double six figure salary for standing up for what was right. This is where I gave Jesus “ALL OF ME”. He had my head earlier – but I never gave Him my heart. He never got all of me. So, like the disciple Peter – I got out of the safety of the boat in the midst of the storm and went towards a fully committed life of following Jesus. Thru many twists and turns of life, ups and downs – God over the course of time has placed me in a Christian Motorcycle Club – Soldiers For Jesus MC. I am the President for the local Kansas Chapter (more to come on that in my fund-raising info). I love to ride – it’s my God given ministry. I love my wife, my kids, my family and my club brothers. I also love to use the word that Gods blessed me with and write Christina and motorcycle poetry in my free time. My wife has created a FB page called Pancho The Poet where I get to share my words in rhymes with others. I am Frank “Pancho” Nicholson.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment