Saturday, May 21, 2022

Meet The Returning Rider # 972 Mike McLeod

 


#1 How many Challenges have you entered?  How many have you finished?
    This year will be my 2nd Hoka Hey Challenge.  I rode in 2020 and finished on Day 13.  
#2 Have you experienced a change in your riding style since riding the HHMC?
    I am definitely better at carrying less!  All-Weather Riding Gear is a great investment as it allows a better transition between sudden weather changes.
#3 Do you feel better about your confidence, are you more likely now to tackle the tougher roads or did you come into this a badass?
    Now after experiencing the challenge for myself, I am much more confident in what the ride requires of ME.  I know what essentials I need and don't need in order to make this journey.  
#4 What would you pass on to a new rider about your experience with the Challenge and advice that would help them?
    It can not be overstated: IT IS NOT A RACE - RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE!  You will get turned around and make wrong turns.  Trust your gut!  And when you are finished, you will have some awesome stories!  This next thing, I am telling myself along with you.....STOP and take pictures of your journey!  
#5 How hard was it to fund raise? 
    People love hearing about the ride, organization, and that all money raised goes directly to your fundraiser!  
#6 Why do you want to ride again? 

    With always being so busy, it is great to break away, disconnect from the hustle & bustle of daily life, and experience the beautiful scenery of our great country.  Last time didn't go as planned with riding with my brother, so hopefully this time we will be able to cross the finish line together.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment