Thursday, May 19, 2022

Meet The Returning Rider # 965 Roger Clark

 

Hi, I’m rider #965 Roger Clark I’ve ridden motorcycles off and on my whole life. Mostly dirt bikes until a twenty year hiatus from riding. Then a couple different bikes before I was introduced to long distance riding and the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge

I really haven’t even had much time to ride this year. I’m in the process of closing down a business that I started almost twenty years ago and starting a new job for a similar company. Part of my on boarding was an agreement that even though I’d only be about six weeks into my new job I would need a couple weeks off in June. 

My wife and I have six children from seven to twenty eight. 

This will be my second Hoka Hey Challenge. With any luck it will be the first one I complete. 2020 I had a difficult time and bailed after Santa Fe. I did everything I said I wouldn’t and the challenge got the best of me. This time around I will pack lighter and try to maintain some sort of a sleep schedule. I always tend to try to ride at night and made the mistake of riding straight through two nights in a row and had trouble sleeping in the Texas heat. I’m really looking forward to riding this year. I hope to be able to relax a little and enjoy it more this time and not worry about what others are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment