Sunday, May 29, 2022

Meet The Returning Rider # 987 John Russell

 


This will be my second Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge. My first challenge was in 2020, and I left 593 miles on the table after having an accident, breaking my nose. My nose was fixed with 12 stitches, accompanied by eight days of bruising to settle things out. It took about a year until I could breathe normally again. 

With the 2022 HHMC on the horizon, several members of our HOG Chapter will be riding this year’s challenge with our fundraising efforts going to the Warrior Station Freedom Foundation (warriorfoundation.org). This wonderful organization provides valuable services for our elite military men and women who have given their all and come home needing assistance to get their lives on track again.

 As for riding, I have made a few adjustments, including a new bike (RG Limited versus a RG Special) and new riding lights to assist with nighttime rides. My focus this time around will be to make sure to get enough sleep so I can make sure that I am clear headed during this challenge. At the end of the last challenge my wife said, “You're not going to do that again, right?” At that time, I felt as if I had ‘gotten it out of my system’ and told her “NO.” However, once my wounds healed, I had a change of heart, and I had to figure out how to move the chess pieces around in order to reveal my intent for 2022 to my wife. She and I are in total agreement. The course is set, and I will be on the ride for 2022! Hoka Hey!!! 

 

I will be again riding for the Warrior Foundation Freedom Station donations can be made here.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment