Monday, May 9, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1070 Don Drasheff


 I’m new rider #1070. My name is Don Drasheff, but most of my two wheeled friends know me as Ty Kwon (Road Name). I’m originally from Alabama, but have called Central Florida home for the past 15 years. Professionally, I’ve been a soldier, distribution leader, manufacturing manager, facilities engineer and have recently moved into the construction industry. I’ve always been more of a pioneer than a settler, and have really enjoyed my leadership journey thus far. I absolutely love my job and am grateful that I’m able to get up and go to work everyday. When not on my bike, I like to get out and ride bicycles with my wife, Suzy, or play with our dog, Rocco. Florida summers are really hot, so we spend a lot of time in the pool as well! We also travel all over the country attending events with the Boozefighters MC. I’ve recently started competing in motorcycle rallies and have really caught the bug over the past year while getting my bike and gear dialed in for the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge. I’ve learned a lot through trial and error and have also received a lot of great advice from more experienced long distance riders. I have really enjoyed meeting and becoming friends with several Hoka Hey finishers over the past few years. I have a ton of respect for each rider who is willing to put themselves out there and even attempt a ride of this magnitude. I have also had a lot of fun training and preparing for what I believe will be a life changing event for me. This challenge has motivated me to get out and ride a lot more than I normally do. It has also pulled me away from comfortable hotel rooms and gotten me back to my camping roots. I’ve weened myself off of the gps and am just ready to start this epic journey now. I’m very excited to be riding in support of Mile Monsters Inc.. as my charity. My Brother, Jeff “Riot” Wyatt, started this non-profit and has already been a positive impact on several kids and their families. I’m eager to do my part in raising money to help kids and families who are in need of a little help. We’re going to make this our biggest fund raising year to date and the team continues to grow bigger!! I’ll see y’all In South Dakota!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment