Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 956 Julie Sirey

 


Hi all! My name is Julie "Raindrop" Sirey. I have one amazing daughter & son-in-law who live close by....but not to close (lol)! I am an accountant in commercial real estate for the last 20+ years (but I'm only 25). I have a great passion for what I do & love it greatly. I love riding and thankfully I live in Texas so I can ride most of the year. When I can't ride I love to read books, mostly Stephen King, do cross stitch, sew patches on vests, and I even made my daughters Cruella Deville costume this past year! It was a great hit with her students. I also love driving Buster, my 2015 Hellcat, but he's one that I drive minimal to save miles & hope to increase his value. He's only got 4,800 miles on him! I'm more of a loner & enjoy my solitude, but I have many friends I do enjoy my time with as well.

I have been watching a couple of friends participate for the last two Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenges that I learned about from another friend who followed them and kept us posted on FB.  I admired them with what they were accomplishing and was in complete awe as well.  I became interested in Hoka Hey while I watched them in the 2018 event, but knew I needed to time to grow and develop my skills. After that I began traveling solo out of state with no real destination. Just going out to see something I had never seen before that would be significant or interesting. What wound up happening is I began traveling over most of the US finding all the back roads I could, just seeking the unknown and beauty of our country. I began taking slow skill classes and work on these skills as much as possible, as I can always improve every day. I feel this 2022 Challenge is a calling to me this year for so many reasons, and most cannot be explained in words. It is a deep emotional, spiritual need, and want that I feel deep in my soul. What I can explain in words on why I want to do this is that I want to challenge myself in the most ultimate way I know, I want to ride in honor of those I have lost in the couple of years (plus some) and hope to make them proud. I want to regain who I am by growth through strength & spirituality.

I cannot say that I have "expectations" for my first time participating in HHMC, more of hope. I hope this Challenge will allow me to prove to myself of my capabilities that I know I have & have as much faith in myself as my ex-husband (who passed) had in me.  I will be riding in honor of him and my mother and hope to come to terms with the loss of them and begin to move forward in life. I look forward to the opportunity for soul searching, overcoming the anxiety I live with daily, and learn to come to peace with my family and our normal struggles. I know the biggest struggle I will have to overcome is reading the paper maps, but I have definitely been working on that! I learned from doing a personal trial of this ride I have more inner strength then I realized, and I pray on a regular basis for the strength. But in the end to hopefully become a part of an elite family that I admire tremendously. I have already started to learn of the camaraderie within this amazing group of people and it is an amazing sight to see.  As I said before I ride in honor of my ex-husband who passed, but also my Mom. I lost my mom to suicide and ever since have been a big advocate of suicide prevention. So I will be riding to raise money for Mental Awareness and Suicide Prevention for our Military/Veterans. They have given us our freedom to do what we are passionate about and it is our turn to take care of them. My direct Fundraising page Can be accessed here. Anything that can be given would be most greatly appreciated. I have to many friends and family that are military and this is such an important cause.

I have already been getting advice from so many prior HH riders like practicing getting 4 hours of sleep at night, work on reading the written directions, get easy throw down sleeping items, and safe places to sleep at when needed. In addition, and most importantly, getting the additional lighting for deer! In my little “test” practice I saw so many dear, and a baby dear even ran straight into my bike but fortunately hit the engine guard. I was amazed that I did not panic, I held the bike upright, and thankfully there was no damage! Boy was that a learning experience! I have already become stronger just from my “little” test run, that I pray I keep that knowledge & experience from that to help me succeed in this coming year. I am so very excited, and nervous, for the coming months!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment