Sunday, May 3, 2020

Meet The Rider Richard Eastman # 899

Spending time with family and friends and enjoying life to the fullest is what I do for fun when not riding.

After you do your first Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge it becomes an addiction. You learn a lot about yourself and your abilities and strive to make the next even better. It’s an honor to be in the company of so many elite riders, but mostly I wanted to competitively finish. The biggest attraction to me was traveling the country on two lane roads navigating old schools ways. No hotels or fancy restaurants; just the solitude of you and the open road.  I first heard about the HHMC from Brian Edwards in the summer of 2017 and had the opportunity to meet several past riders, HHMC board members and first time challengers for the 2018 HHMC at a party for veterans. The best advice I have been given about riding the challenge "Ride your own ride and travel light because you won’t use most of the things you think you need."



The 2018 was the first year participating in the HHMC. The moment after finishing it leaves you waiting to sign up for the next. My favorite part of the challenge was traveling the best two lane roads the country has to offer and the things you see. The organizers do an awesome job planning the route just leaving you left to navigate and ride; I don’t think oneself could plan something so amazing. The memories and the friendships made will last a lifetime.
But for me the most difficult trial I faced on a challenge was, getting lost…it’s not IF you get lost; you will get lost, Stay focused and you will find your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment