Sunday, May 10, 2020

Meet The New Rider Todd Moreland # 909

   I grew up riding on dirt always wanting to hit the open roads one day and then life happened. After my marriage my kids mother passed away and I began a new chapter as a singe dad juggling career and the hectic life of two teenagers with the oldest off to college. My dreams and adventures would be put on hold and without reservations. Seven grandchildren later my journey begins:


     I served in the US Army at Ft Bragg NC as paratrooper in the mid 80's.  My career of 20 years as a Merchant Marine Engineering Officer had come to a close and I had a void in my life and said to myself its time. I told my girlfriend I was getting a motorcycle and of course she did not believe me until she came home from work and there it was staring her in the face. I hopped on and rode from Ohio to Florida and back to register my new renewed passion. I have ridden over 50,000 miles in 15 months and have never looked back. I have enjoyed the long rides day after day seeing all that our great country has too offer on two wheel, and the friendships I have made through friends of the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge and the multiple invites to ride with my friends have been fantastic. I continue to push myself riding long distances with many IBA rides cross country and truly enjoy every second I have riding solo through the wind. 
     The HHMC is an extended family that is always there and the bonds I  have formed already are irreplaceable. This challenge is something I look forward to in that its a journey that is just beginning and never really ends. The start line does have a finish line but nowhere do i see my journey stop at that point. The challenge will test mentally, physically, and spiritually and I love every aspect of this and really am looking forward to my Journey.


     Michael Thomas first told me about HOKA HEY in 2016 and i have followed him on the tracker his last two journey's. The best advice I was given is this ride is perfect for you and I need to consider and if I do you need to ride your own ride and enjoy the experience. 
     I will be riding for the Folds Of Honor and they provide scholarships for service members children whose parent has died in while on active duty. http://support.foldsofhonor.org/site/TR/DIY/General?px=1151312&pg=personal&fr_id=1230

No comments:

Post a Comment