Friday, May 15, 2020

Meet The Rider Pete Perry # 916

I Love working out in the yard and being outside when it's not so dadgum blasin hot n humid when not riding my motorcycle. I Love spending time with the family and friends across these United States. I enjoy either riding or driving to their locations now instead of flyin in that tube they call a cattle car. This will be my 2nd Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge and I want to ride it again without  having a time I have to get back by like 2018s ride.  I had to make it back by a certain time to be back on duty.  This next ride I'll be fully retired and be able to enjoy the ride a lil bit more.
  
My favorite part of the HHMC was not having any idea what small town I'm going to ride through or what sights will be on the route or seeing the expressions on peoples face when I tell them I'm trying to ride 10K miles just for the fun of it.  The most challenging was the weather going through TN in 2018.  3 days of wind and rain and a possible tornado and planning on where we would stop for the night. Other than that, I'm pretty good at just wondering around exploring all that's out there. The only real obstacle I had was to finish in a certain amount of time so I could get back on duty.  2nd was just staying mentally focused and continuing on and doing what I needed to do to complete the ride.  Determination is a hard thing to put down once you have a firm grasp of it.

 
  I heard about the HHMC from my friend Tom Suzor who I was originally supposed to ride with in 2016 but due to my work schedule, I wasn't able to get the time off.  His schedule didn't allow him to ride in 2018, so in 2020 we plan on riding it together and just enjoying the challenge to the fullest. I  love being challenged in a way that will push me to all my limits.  We can't improve as humans if we aren't made to be uncomfortable and I'm always trying to find a way to improve myself in all aspects of my life.

 This is going to be my 2nd HHMC, my first being in 2018.  I truly didn't know anyone in the community, oh boy did that change on the day I showed up to check in.  I rode and met with some great folks and tried to take it all in. So many sights and memories...like riding the 3 Sisters outside of Austin, TX on a full moon. After getting back to Medicine Park, OK....my mind was officially blown.  This year, Tom Suzor, #853 who is a good friend and riding buddy, will get to ride the Challenge together. Now that I'm fully retired from the St. Louis Fire Dept and the Illinois Air National Guard, we'll be able to take it all and share this life experience.  And I won't have a hard deadline, except to get back to my girl Darla.  Riding the Challenge has been one of THE best life changing and craziest experiences I've ever decided to take on and be part of and I'm ready and eager to participate in this year's ride.  I will always enjoy seeing the expression on peoples faces when I explain what the HHMC is after they ask me to explain it.
#916 HOKA HEY!!!
 Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said "Here I am. Send Me!"



No comments:

Post a Comment