Friday, May 8, 2020

Meet The New Rider Lori Rocco # 905

I am a fun loving easy going adventure seeking kind of girl. Long Distance Riding is my passion. But when I am not riding I am a passionate soccer mom who loves to spend time with her kids who never fail to make me laugh. I enjoy camping with the family when time permits. I am a nurse who specializes in hospital based value analysis. When I am not riding, Momming or working I like to express my creativity through art or jewelry making.

 Why do I want to ride the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge ? Why the hell not? But seriously, I was bit by the LDR bug and embraced by the LDR community who introduced me to the HHMC. From the first minute listening to the stories I knew I had to be a part of it. I have logged many miles solo and experienced the thrill of back roads and technical twisties. I will be 50 this year and this is my gift to myself, a personal challenge that I have no doubt will reward my adventurous spirit and allow me to push my personal limits to new and exciting highs. I expect to do my damnedest to finish on time. I expect to encounter physical and emotional highs and lows. I expect to make memories and personal connections of a lifetime. I expect to be honored to become part of the HHMC family.  "I heard talk of legends and then was privileged to be invited to ride with them, I knew I HAD to be part of that family. It’s a tough challenge I want to be one of the few to wear the cut proudly!"


Did you have to overcome any obstacles to ride the challenge? I had to have foot surgery. I had to get my Ghettoes put straight so I could wear my boots and ride long distance pain free. I had been putting it off for years, but I did for the HHMC! But I know to be prepared for anything but do not overthink it. Everyone’s ride is different; you must know your limitations.


I support and do fundraising for PTSD intervention and suicide prevention. I love many who serve our country and community, I know the burden they are expected to carry and I want to help them lessen that load.



No comments:

Post a Comment