Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Meet The Rider Joe Mears # 913





My name is Joe Mears. I’m #913. My wife is Bev. I have been riding bikes all my life. I’ve had a Harley since I was 13. My dad bought me a 1971 IronHead sporty that I still own today. Bev and I got together in 1999 and have been riding together ever since.                                            We try to do at least one big trip every year. I  try to ride as much as possible. I ride almost everyday to work.  I participated in the 2018 Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge but didn’t finish due to having a wreck with a deer in Idaho after the 3rd checkpoint. I totaled “Black Betty” and almost got ticketed by an Idaho Game Warden for discharging a firearm on the state right of way and killing a deer out of season. Yes it’s true that I really did shoot the deer after I got up off the highway. Next I hopped a plane and flew to Lawton ,OK to meet my wife and Friends for the end of the road party in Medicine Park,OK.  I’ll be riding for MDA again in 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment