Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Meet The Rider Kenneth Brooks # 902

I’ve been married to my young bride Kathy, for 40 years. I have a daughter and two sons. My son Josh, has given me a new granddaughter in 2019. My daughter Shannon, has given me a granddaughter and two grandsons. Unfortunately, my grandsons Zach and Mason, both have Duchenne’s. I’m looking forward to the challenge and helping my charity, the Jar of Hope find a cure for Duchenne’s. 

 I retired from the Army as a Chief Warrant Officer in 1994, then continued using my Army skills, while working conventional and chemical weapons disposal contract jobs in the U.S.and overseas. I re-retired in 2017. I still have all my fingers and I don’t glow in the dark.I started my legal motorcycle riding at age 14 in Alaska. So, in 2019, I’ve been riding 50 years. I started on small street bikes and worked my way through endure and motocross bikes to street and touring bikes.Now, I ride an Indian Roadmaster, enjoying long distance runs. My most recent long run was from Key West, FL to the Arctic circle, in Alaska in the summer of 2019. 

 When I’m not riding somewhere, I’m visiting family and friends and planning my next ride.I learned about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge from fellow riders in Florida. I rode my first Hoka Hey challenge in 2018 and was hooked, as I’ve always enjoyed a challenge. I really like that the Hoka Hey provides both a challenge and helps fund various charities. In my book, that’s a win/win situation.The best advice I was given before the Hoka Hey was to plan my ride and ride my plan. Sounds simple, but in reality, it’s a hard rule to hold to. That would also be a tip I’d pass to the new riders. Plan your ride and ride your plan. I may have caused a couple of riders to join the challenge for 2020. I’ll see when I get there.I’m focused and ready for the 2020 Hoka Hey.


No comments:

Post a Comment