Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Meet The New Rider Charlie Farrell # 923




Completed 30 years of active duty as a Hospital Corpsman in the Coast Guard in 2010 when I returned to my native home of New Jersey. In 2012 when Super Storm Sandy hit the Jersey Shore my church denomination appointed me the Area Disaster Relief Coordinator where I managed more the 300 volunteers and $400k from 2012 to 2014. I completed 2 masters’ degrees since 2014, an MPS in Urban Ministry from Alliance Theological Seminary and an MS in Nonprofit Leadership from Fordham University.I am currently working on a Doctor of Ministry dissertation at Alliance Theological Seminary. I started a Biker Church in 2019.https://www.facebook.com/Biker-Church-NJ-113712260007161 

  I want to ride the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge  because of the challenge, adventure, and to experience parts of the U.S. I’ve never traveled before. (I’ve traveled through 49 of the 50 states. The only one I hadn’t been through is North Dakota and to become part of an elite group of riders who’ve challenged the Hoka Hey. I know it is not be a cakewalk. A ride that requires using all of my past riding and life experience to complete the ride. 

 The best advice I have been given about riding the HHMC? Don’t bother packing a tent due to it being a waste of time setting up and breaking down. Practice going on rides using written directions in the fashion the Hoka Hey. I needed an American V-Twin. I purchased a 2017 Victory Gunner in January of 2017. I  heard about the HHMC from brother in-law Dan Certa rider #732.  The attraction for me was the distance, the ruggedness, a no frills bare bones ride (no technology like GPS, etc…), the anticipated roads traveled picturesque.

 I will be working with Messenger International’s“Messengers Cupan annual fundraiser for Exodus Road. I have friends and family who serve at John Bevere’s Messenger International ministry. Exodus Road is an Anti-Human Trafficking Organization.I’ll be working with Copperfox Coffee Roasters raising funds. Last year $5k was donated

No comments:

Post a Comment