Friday, May 8, 2020

Meet The Rider Dick Gudowski # 890


I was born in America a long, long, time ago and spent my life in WI with exception of Military service during the Viet Nam era. Soon after that I Joined the Douglas county Sheriff’s Dept. where I worked as a patrolman and also worked as a K-9 officer. After leaving law enforcement I moved on to start a business of my own which I am still operating after 30+ years.
I’ve been riding for approximately 40 years and during that time Ihave rode in all of the lower 48, Canada, and a few thousand miles in Mexico and on the Baja.
I found the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge in late 2017 and felt that I was up for the challenge. It was all uphill from there. 80 miles from the start I had an electrical problem and went back to Lawton OK. To have it repaired. I started over then had the same problem again in TX where I purchased a new bike from Caliente Harley of San Antonio. I spent 2 days waiting for a bike to be delivered from 500 miles away.
                                                                                                                                                                      In August 2019 I decided to do the challenge again and hopefully do it in less time with fewer set backs.
Since Sept., I also faced another setback. In 2018 I rode the challenge with a brand new ankle which was replaced in Jan of 2018. I will now be riding the 2020 challenge with a prosthetic lower leg due to an infection that set in the new ankle. I am currently working on the use of the new leg and will be ready for the 2020 challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment