Friday, May 29, 2020

Meet The Rider David Beard # 938



One of the few things we do is raise Bucking stock, which can keep us busy and agile.

The first year was a great experience in completed the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge. It was a good test of all your abilities. This year will be a test to improve on those abilities and to take the time to reflex and endear a old but new experience The first year was a little unnerving. Can I complete the task before me? What trouble will I run into? Can I overcome them? It was the aspect of making it your own ride and more of a test against myself to challenge myself to do more and be better in many aspect of my life. I was in Daytona and met Jim Red Cloud. As they were talking about the Hoka Hey one of the guys that I went to Daytona with had been learning about the Hoka Hey hoping to ride.


Best advice: try to be prepared mentally and physically but don't over think the problem or you will never leave the starting line have a little faith and believe in yourself. And pack light, you won't use everything that you think and it will just make you more cumbersome and tired. Most of my obstacles to overcome were getting everything squared away to be gone that amount of time at work and at home with animals. If you ask my dogs I'm not allowed to be gone that long again.  It also required the help and support of those around me to get it done 2 year worth of vacation time from work to complete the HHMC, a total of 4 years to do two rides.  

This will be my second HHMC I finished 2018 Hoka Hey (Good Medicine).  It's hard to say what was the best part.  It was great to meet everyone involved with the HHMC, to meet so many people of diverse backgrounds, to be able to see this great nation on two wheels, and to face everything that arose during the ride. The most difficult trial I faced on a challenge was having to keep the bike working and limping it 8,000 miles home draining the oil out of the primary 3 times a day and hoping not to run out of fuel in the middle of nowhere, and dodging a tornado and hail storms.  


No comments:

Post a Comment