Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Meet The Rider Dale Bundy # 912

Working as a logger in western Pennsylvania takes up a great deal of my time. Motorcycle riding is my relief and relaxation. I enjoy going for a three-state ride on a Sunday afternoon just for fun. I love the scenery, the smells and sunsets.
When I ride I just want to keep on going.

I have ridden several Iron Butt challenges and I was a finisher in the Iron Butt Rally in 2017. I learned about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge   from IBR buddies who took the HHMC challenge. I liked the idea of 2 lane roads over many miles and the thrill of conquering the challenge. This is the final challenge I want to conquer. A buddy offered me good advice when he told me to practice, practice, practice, ride, ride, ride.

I entered the 2018 HHMC. I found that the hardest part was overcoming lack of sleep. I fell asleep and wiped out on day 8. My bike was totaled, my ribs were broken, lung collapsed and body bruised. My goal is to ride again and be a finisher. Learning to listen to the needs of your body is vital to safety and to be able to go the distance.

I am riding for the Ronald McDonald House at UPMC Children’s Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA. My son donated his own kidney to his 2 ½ year old son in 2018. His family stayed there for a month during the recovery process. I want to give back to other families in need.


http://www.rmhcpgh.org/



No comments:

Post a Comment