Thursday, June 25, 2020

Meet The New Riser Chris Mosher # 971

 
I live in Orange County California with my wife and three sons.  Life here has been hectic for as long as I can remember.  My sons are very involved in Scouts and sports and so I have spent years volunteering as an Assistant Scout Master and a Football Coach.  As my sons grew older my wife and I had more and more time on our hands.  I always wanted to get back to riding so about 8 years ago I bought my Heritage Softail. It was a blast and soon I took up riding with our local Harley Owners Group.  Today I am the Director of the chapter and what little free time I have away from work, riding or chapter responsibilities I spend with my very patient wife and sons.I have a good friend, Wayne Green (also participating in the 2020 Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge ), who lit the spark of long distance riding for me.  Wayne finished the four corners in 2017 and I was inspired.  Before long we had done some long runs through Arizona and California and in 2018 five of us rode from So. Cal. To the Arctic Circle.  It was the greatest adventure of my life.  The feeling of being on the road and overcoming any adversity all while seeing and being in this beautiful country had me hooked. The HHMC to me,
represents a true quest to test oneself physically, mentally and spiritually.

I expect it will be tough and I know that I will face difficulties that I can’t even imagine.  Years ago I used to race triathlons and ultimately I competed in three Iron Man Triathlons.  I know better than to think I know what will happen on the course however I also have faith in myself that I will adapt to any challenge and see it through to the end.


I heard about the challenge because One of our chapter members, who I respect a lot as a rider, has finished the Hoka Hey and he was wearing his Hoka Hey cut on a ride. 
For me the attraction to ride such a tough challenge is that is wasn’t a race.  I am not interested in a race, but I was pulled in because it is an endurance challenge.

Our HOG Chapter supports Warrior Battalion West on Camp Pendleton.  This is a charity that provides services to wounded warriors to help them fully recover from their wounds and transition back to civilian life.  As a former Marine and a veteran of the Gulf War I want to do all I can to help those who have made such a sacrifice for our country, I will be riding for Warrior Foundation Freedom Station

No comments:

Post a Comment