Friday, June 26, 2020

Meet The New Rider Michael McLeod # 972

My name is Mike McLeod and I am a native to Northwest Arkansas.  I have always loved being on a motorcycle, feeling the wind on my face and experiencing our country's great scenic roads.  Owning my own automotive shop and employing 3 mechanics, I am blessed to be staying very busy!  Although we work on anything, my favorites are the classics and hot rods! 

I heard about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge years ago, but unfortunately, with me being Self Employed, I was never able to take the time needed to complete the ride.  When my brother, Rick McLeod, participated and completed the challenge in 2018, we talked of doing it together in 2020.  So this has been a long time coming! Besides the ride being mentally and physically challenging, it is helping me to finally take some time out for myself as well as experience this with my brother.  
Some of the best advice I have been given is that I should be thankful that I have never become reliant upon GPS.  Growing up in Scouts, 4-H, Trail Crew and Coast-to-Coast Truck Driver, I've had to use Atlas' and problem solve on the fly.

                The two obstacles that I have had to overcome are in the preparation needed to take the time off to complete the trip, as well as, invest in a new motorcycle to have better mileage capabilities.

As a first time rider, my expectation is that this will be THE hardest thing that I have ever done but at the same time, the most fulfilling!  I know that it is not going to be easy but I am so looking forward to the experience!

My non-profit charity is the Arkansas Children's Shelter.


No comments:

Post a Comment