Friday, June 19, 2020

Meet The New Rider Roger Clark # 965

I have lots of hobbies but really don’t have time for any of them. One reason I started riding long distance is that I can do it solo whenever I get an opportunity to do so. It’s hard for me to schedule time off and when I do it’s usually spent with my young kids. My wife and I have six kids, two of them still elementary school age and she home schools them. Back when I did have free time and whenever I can I try to go to the gun range. I used to do a lot of kayaking and I like to camp. I went to elementary school with John Levins and have known Eric Buskel for several years.
When asked why he wants to ride the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge his answer, "I want to prove to myself I can do it. I want to go places I’ve never been and I look forward to the idea that I don’t even know where I’m going. Going places and really doing anything without a plan in mind is something I seldom do. I just look forward to attempting something so far from anything I’ve ever done before. I hope to just make it to the end. 
Many people I met at the meetup in Tennessee gave great advice. I think the most important advice is to go ahead and eliminate half of the stuff you’re planning on bringing and then scale it down some more from there. I will need to overcome several obstacles to ride the Hoka Hey in 2020. One is convincing my six year old son and eight year old daughter that they can’t come and have to accept that I’ll be gone longer than I have been away from them before and another is to make sure that my business is prepared to do without me for a couple weeks or more.





I am supporting the Tyler Robinson Foundation because they’ve helped so many people, including a close friends family who lost their son, with the costs associated with having a child with pediatric cancer. 

https://www.trf.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment