Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Meet The New Rider Michael Neely # 956


My name is Mike Neely, and I’m from Springville, AL, just outside of Birmingham. I’ve been riding for about 7 years now. My son got me interested in riding, and after loosing a close cousin in a motorcycle accident, I was reluctant to ride. But I did, and I have enjoyed every minute I can get in the wind. Riding is now pretty much my only hobby. Owning my own business doesn’t allow for many hobbies, but I think this by far is the best one I could have chosen. Not just the riding, but the people I’ve met, have made it all worthwhile.
I did my first IBA ride in 2017, and I was hooked. I would ride when I could, but, didn’t get to do many long-distance rides like I wanted. At that time, I was riding a Dyna Wide Glide, and it wasn’t really that comfortable anyway. I upgraded to a Street Glide and am now on my second one.

 After the first IBA ride, I began looking for other long-distance rides, and came across the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge . I soon became obsessed with it and followed the 2018 ride as much as I could.  Being out on the back roads of the country, coming up against who knows what obstacles, and working through those obstacles, and all of the other challenges that The Hoka Hey will present, is one thing I’m certainly looking forward to.
The organization I have chosen to represent, is The Big Oak Ranch, is a Christian home for boys and girls, when they have nowhere else to go. They provide a family atmosphere, school, activities and a place to feel loved, where they may have never experienced that before. Maybe one of those kids will see me persevere through the Hoka Hey and give them some inspiration to continue through whatever challenges they may be facing. And I’m sure their challenges are tougher than mine.
Ride my ride safely, don’t give up, soak in every moment, see parts of America that you would never see otherwise, , and enjoy being a part of this incredible family of men and women, are just  few of the things I’m looking forward to. I’ve met several riders so far and they are some of the most down to earth, real people you will meet. Honesty, integrity and character are just a few of the traits I see in these riders. I hope I can live up to that, and I look forward August 2020. HOKA HEY #956!!


No comments:

Post a Comment