Thursday, June 4, 2020

Meet The New Rider Jeremy Buechner # 950

 When asked what you do for fun when you are not riding? Mainly I spend time with my family. Deb and I have 2 daughters, one is 22 and the other is 20. Outside of riding we find pleasure in the simplistic of activities, working around the house and spending time outdoors. The Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge peaked my  interest right away and I have been following the event ever since. This elite event is exactly the kind of riding that I have  dreamed of, but never took the time away from work. There was always something important for me to do.  I am now taking the time to do something that is important to me. I expect to find the inner physical and emotional endurance. Along the way, I will take in the beautiful landscape that this journey has to offer.
 
The best advice I have been given about riding the HHMC,Safety First. Recognize your own limitations and awareness of your surroundings, it was about taking the time to participate in something that I have  always wanted to do. I heard about the HHMC at  a display booth outside of Destination Daytona. There was a banner with a route from Key West to Alaska. It caught my eye because I had been looking for this type of event. I walked up to the booth and Jim Red Cloud took some time to discuss the challenge with me. I have been interested ever since.I have watched so many interviews from past riders. I know what it means to me to finish the challenge. A sense of purpose and accomplishment.  I am riding for The local Humane shelter. I am a huge dog lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment