Thursday, June 11, 2020

Meet The New Rider Steve Holdren- Eden # 957

My name is Steve Holdren, but soon will be Steve Eden, as it will be officially changed within the next few weeks to my stepfather's last name in preparation for my wedding June 7th. I am co-owner/operator of Thou Art Studios in Lancaster Ohio, a family friendly tattoo and piercing studio. Faith in God is the most important thing in my life, followed quickly by family, friends and adventure.

I first heard of the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge at a gas station in the mountains of West Virginia while trying to fix the front jug on a buddies Fat Boy that went down on our ride home from Rolling Thunder. A wild hillbilly started talking about "the hardest endurance motorcycle test there is" and it resonated through my whole being. I knew that I absolutely had to try myself at this test. The excitement of getting the call from Junie was one of my most excited parts of 2019. I can't wait to meet my future brothers and sisters of Hoka Hey! I love competition, living a good life, and adventure. 
When not riding or working I enjoy brewing Mead and wine, forging steel and finding new places. I want to ride the Hoka Hey to see if I have what it takes to ride as long and hard as it takes to hear the words "finisher"....and to see just the most beautiful parts of this great nation and meet some more of it's unique people. I have no idea what to expect during the Hoka Hey motorcycle challenge... I have done 5860 miles in 7 days but not under the guidelines necessary. This will be one of the hardest things I have ever done. I heard of the HHMC from a random Hillbilly about 300 miles from my home on a ride.


 I am riding for Hope in the Night. It is a charity that is attempting to pay for the funeral of every child under 18 that dies in my home country of Fairfield County Ohio.




No comments:

Post a Comment