Friday, June 12, 2020

Meet The New Rider Scott Hukill # 958

I run a construction equipment rental business in Southern California that keeps me pretty busy. When I’m not at the office or riding, I enjoy spending time at my family’s cattle ranch in Montana and visiting my daughter and grandchildren in Minneapolis.

The Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge   is a premier bucket list event that puts to use each and every thing I’ve learned traveling solo on my bike for over 30 years. I enjoy traveling light and covering a lot of ground seeing the beautiful country that is the USA. I’ve always considered HHMC as an elite event that only the best of the best will conquer, and I am determined to be among those ranks. I am part Cherokee Native American, HHMC provides me opportunity to expose HHMC to others and lends me opportunity to raise money and awareness for Native American and other charities.

I look forward to watching, listening, and learning from those who have experienced the challenge before. I also expect to have a decent, safe and respectable completion time that would make my ancestors and family proud while earning money for charity. I became aware of Hoka Hey several years ago when it was still considered a race type event. I never applied then because I’m not really a race rider as much as I am an endurance rider. So once I became aware of the changed format I knew this was the challenge I wanted to experience. And to raise money for charity is definitely an added bonus.

Well....honestly I was attracted by what I’ve heard it repeated many many times that this challenge is only for the “best of the best” riders. My ancestors settled the west in covered wagons without the benefit of weather forecasts or GPS, hotels or restaurants etc and they accepted all challenges they faced in order to become successful. To complain was futile, rather just get it done and keep moving forward. Generations later but still in the traditions of my ancestors, I have the opportunity to do a much tamer albeit very challenging experience, replacing my horse with a Harley. And it is my hope that generations that follow me will be impressed enough with my endeavors that they will be motivated to accept the best of the best challenges that are presented to them in their time.
I will be riding for a group of riders from So CA thru our local Orange County Harley Davidson HOG chapter chose IWAR - Injured Warriors Appreciation Ride as part of the Warrior Foundation Freedom Station . This group and chapter is close to Camp Pendleton base and the foundation provides terrific support annually to injured soldiers and their families thru fundraising activities. The people behind this charity foundation are dedicated and over 90% of funds collected go directly to benefit soldiers and their families.


No comments:

Post a Comment