Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Meet The New Rider Scott Womer # 970



I am a life-long rider, getting my first bike on my 7th birthday.  My father was a rider and a MC troublemaker for as long as I could remember.  He made sure I got a bigger and better bikes just about every year, up until I got my first job and I could pay my own way forward.  I took the typical path from mini bikes to dirt bikes, to small metrics, to crotch rockets, to HD cruisers and finally to HD touring bikes.

I'm a seasoned alpha-geek, working in the information technology field for nearly 35 years.  When I disconnect from the keyboard I am immediately outside.  I restore muscle cars, muscle bikes, build and upgrade off-road vehicles.  I love to to glamp in my motorhome and cook outdoors while trying to destroy some of the toys we build.  In between each of those activities is my bike and the open road.  Breaskfast runs, lunch runs, dinner runs, and bike rallies keep everything greased properly.  At least once a year I take a two week bike trip to some far-off location in the United States, seeing the sites and smelling the smells along the way.

I've been overcoming adversity my entire life, so when I heard about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge from a good friend, I was immediately interested and applied to be a rider the first chance I got.  Thankfully I was accepted into the Hoka Hey family and can't hardly wait to get out on the road, forget about COVID for a few weeks.  I'm pretty good at dealing with the unexpected and I'm expecting a lot of those with the Hoka Hey.  I feel like that's the point, testing your mettle and exposing your true character.

I believe character is so important, that I've partnered with the non-profit organization; Measured By Character.  Their mission is to improve our local communities by partnering with schools in empowering students with the knowledge that every human being has a purpose and meaning; and that their own character is the foundation by which change begins.  To learn more, Measured By Character!

No comments:

Post a Comment